Thursday, April 7, 2011

A letter from a recipient! What!

Dear Juliette, (I think she must have got my email from the website About Us page)

Today I was rendered speechless, when I received a massive bag of goodies via Givit. Inside was everything I needed and so much more - winter pyjamas, underwear, beautiful tops, boardshorts and a swimsuit and shoes for physiotherapy, the warmest yet lightest doona, towels... so much  more. I was blown away. They were such beautiful things, too!

Whoever did this for me had taken so much care and time and is so generous and I would like to thank him/her from the bottom of my heart, I cannot thank them enough. It is obvious too that whoever donated these items genuinely loved doing so and to feel that someone out there was so kind and cared so very much is amazing, so very heart warming.

There is no way I would have been able to afford any of these items myself, and they have been given to me just a week after I asked, so very quickly. Just in time to keep me warm and to help me starting my physiotherapy and hydrotherapy. I have come a long way fighting my eating disorder but in winter I still have a lot of trouble with the cold and now I am going to be able to sleep comfortably. I am also going to be able to do my walking program and the physio/hydrotherapy with the clothing I need which does amazing things for my confidence and takes a load off my mind.

The first thing I did after marvelling over these beautiful and timely gifts was to jump in the shower so I could use one of the towels, got dressed in new undies and pyjamas (okay maybe this is a bit tmi lol) and dived into bed under the doona... bliss!

Please can you thank this wonderful donor for me. I cannot thank them enough. I could rave forever :) :) 

Thank you with all my heartfelt best wishes,
(Donor)

Crying again, I will comment later.

1 comment:

  1. THIS is why we do what we do. I'm soo damn proud to be part of such a beautiful team of people changing people's lives like this. GO GIVIT! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete