Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Flooded with donations

I am finding it difficult to get in contact with community leaders in the flooded areas.  I have found one.. ONE!   The campaign was successful - getting what we required for Bundaberg in 24 hours!  Again.. surprised.

I have decided to empower one gorgeous volunteer as a requester (a charity).  She has told us that head-lice is a  very big problem up north right now.  One of our frequent donators said that Frontline knocks them dead - and is very cheap.. don't think I will be asking for that though!

Did I mention that givers in Brisbane are phenomenal.  One of our volunteers got three items off the list (bought by her husband) for Christmas.  Items on the GIVIT List are Christmas presents.  How cool is that!

These floods are so devastating I feel that this will be my focus for the next 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment