Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cheeky!

Oh dear - my first issue with donors! Well, not true, there has been a few items that charities have not taken due to quality but I have always seen that as part of the awareness campaign of this "quality" giving network.

Apparently.. donors/donators are forcing charities to take items other than the ones that they requested.  I never saw this coming!! 

There are a number of issues with this..  People are using them as rubbish removalists which is frankly a bit rude!  Remembering impoverished people have very little space and most charities do not have warehouses to store donations - being one of the big reasons they love GIVIT! I might talk to my volunteer/friend  (aka: smarty that help me with legal jargon) about changing the participation policy to ensure this doesn't happen.  Also so we don't get complaints from the donators complaining that the charity was ungrateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment