Sunday, December 12, 2010

Surprised again!

I have been doing this for nearly a year now and people still surprise me.  My poor husband Glen had to deal with me in floods of tears in a restaurant (men hate that don't they!) when I was reading what has been donated this weekend..

Dave had committed to find a mower for the lady who has been at the bottom of the list for many many weeks ~ I was so happy I was emotional.  (Note: I was going to give the charity the sad news that we were unable to help her today).  But, he then wrote us this in reply!!

My family has decided to not give Christmas presents this year which we have been trying to do for many years.  None of us need anything.  I am therefore happy to spend on the needs of others.  I have looked at the Givit site and notice the following items are needed.

  • Washing Machine
  • Bar Fridge
  • Swing set
  • Rectangular dining table and 6 chairs
  • Male bicycles
  • Non perishable food
  • Fishing gear
  • Acoustic steel string guitar

       I will endeavour to buy all of these items but cannot guarantee they will all be new..
                                                        Dave - thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment