Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Donations virtually flying everywhere!

I am going to write about Dave on the GIVIT List - he is wonderful.  In fact, I wish I would ask him to write it!  He made us cry again today! Third time for me.. Krya who manages the GIVIT list is blown away! As Kyra said to Dave "..I hope your family is very proud of what you have done, and the number of people that you will have assisted.  I think if more people took a small leaf out of your book, we'd have a lot less people in need."  Yes.. good gracious YES!  I will certainly think about ways to help people "do a Dave" next Christmas.

I have had two phone calls (yesterday) with the charity workers (from Micah and Quihn) who were co-ordinating two of our Christmas campaigns.  The donations have been so gratefully received.  They are going to send us more photos (!) but this is what GIVIT people have donated so far to Quihn! This is half of it!  There are many more toys..



We rarely get to see the items being donated that I studied it for about 10 minutes! That is all wonderful food and toys and toiletries.  I know the three major donors (Jenny, Lyn and Naomi) must feel terrific about their contribution.  There are over 1000 items there.

The children who are homeless are going to receive their toys tomorrow!  WE GET PHOTOS!  YES WE DO!! It is so rare to get photos! The Micah team are in love with GIVIT, and they will release photos to us next week.  They received more than enough toys for the 115 homeless and at risk children.
And, this is from Belle..  it is all going on this week!

First of all, THANK YOU so much on behalf of staff and the women and kids at IWSS (a center for abused immigrant women) for all the support you (and the rest of the Givit team including donors) have provided for us. It has been an amazing year and we have truly been very fortunate in having such a great relationship with a wonderful sister organisation!!!

Just as a feedback for you guys (and your donors), we have received a total of $1,275 value of food cards which we distributed at our End of Year Celebration last week, and have actually started distributing as soon as we received them in the mail (as we have women in crisis come into our office). We were so overwhelmed by the community response and I think we were all blown away by the humble generosity and kindness people have shown. So, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! We cannot thank you enough, not only for the food cards, but also for the ongoing in-kind support we’ve received through your website.

I am witnessing a giving phenomenon!

3 comments:

  1. Do A Dave - love it. That should be our catch cry for this time next year, and we can encourage everyone to "do a Dave"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juliette - I have come to your blog through Anna Spiro's blog and just wanted to commend you on an amazing concept and wonderful work. I've sent you an email as well, but if you were ever thinking of expanding to include South Australia, I would love to be involved and help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juliette - I too came via Anna's blog .. and, without repeating Jane's comments word for word, also want to say what a great, wonderful thing you are doing. If GIVIT makes it too Victoria, please let me know as I would love to GIVIT also.

    In the meantime, if you ever need any graphic design work (in any form - logo, website .. anything) please call me. I could even persuade my contacts to print for free .. or even host for free ?? (will try my best anyhoo).

    So glad you are making some people's Christmas (and life) a little easier. Congratulations on your thought and efforts.

    ReplyDelete